Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-10-19 Origin: Site
The market of industrial sponge zirconium materials has shown a warming trend thanks to the rapid development of China's chemical industry. Zirconium is widely used in chemical equipment manufacturing due to its excellent corrosion resistance, especially in reactors, heat exchangers, pumps, valves, pipes, etc. used in acetic acid, pesticides, plastics and other industries. In recent years, about 500 tons of zirconium materials (zirconium materials without separation of zirconium and hafnium) are used for civil use in China every year.
In October 2009, after strict review by the expert group, the quality of industrial grade zirconium alloy Zr-3 zirconium plate (tube) produced by Baoti was equivalent to the advanced foreign level, which has met the requirements of ASME pressure vessels, and can completely replace the imported products for the construction of pressure vessels.
Sponge zirconium includes nuclear grade sponge zirconium and industrial grade sponge zirconium. Due to its excellent compatibility with nuclear fuel, excellent corrosion resistance and processability, zirconium alloy is used as cladding, grid, end plug and other core materials of nuclear fuel. Due to fuel consumption and irradiation, one third of zirconium alloy is replaced every year, making it a regular consumable material. Nuclear grade sponge zirconium is the key raw material for processing zirconium alloys.
(1) Global nuclear grade sponge zirconium production capacity is about 8500-8600 tons
At present, the global manufacturers of nuclear grade sponge zirconium mainly include Huachang, Westinghouse Electric Company, CEZUS of France and Chebedsky Machinery Factory of Russia, with a total capacity of 8500 tons.
In addition, according to the data of UX Consulting, the global sponge zirconium production capacity is about 8600 tons. Both data are basically consistent.
(2) At present, the global demand for nuclear grade sponge zirconium is about 5000-6000 tons
At present, there is no relatively consistent data on the global demand for sponge zirconium. We can find that there is a certain gap in the data from the public information.
1) According to Ux Consulting, the global demand for nuclear grade sponge zirconium is about 5000 tons;
2) According to the data of Westinghouse, its annual production of zirconium sponge is 2000-2200 tons, accounting for about 40% of the world's total. It can be inferred that the global demand is 5000-5500 tons;
3) According to the data of Matamec Exploration Company, the world currently consumes about 7000 tons of zirconium sponge, of which about 85% is used for nuclear energy, that is, about 6000 tons.
4) According to the data of China New Material Industry Development Report (2004), the actual production of sponge zirconium in the world only accounts for 71% of the production capacity. According to the world's nuclear power installed capacity, the current and 2004 levels have only increased slightly, so the demand for sponge zirconium is expected to be basically flat. Therefore, based on the global production capacity of 8500 tons, the demand for sponge zirconium is about 6000 tons, of which nuclear grade sponge zirconium is about 5100-5400.
Global sponge zirconium demand is expected to increase by 22% - 45.6% in 2020
By the end of 2009, there were 436 nuclear power units in operation in the world, with an installed capacity of about 373 GWe; 53 nuclear power units are under construction (57 have been built up to now), with an installed capacity of about 51.1 GWe; It is planned to build 142 nuclear power units with an installed capacity of about 156.1GWe; 327 nuclear power units are proposed, with an installed capacity of about 342.9GWe.
According to the optimistic and conservative forecast of IAEA, the global nuclear power installed capacity will increase from 373GW in 2010 to 455-543GW in 2020, with an increase of 22% - 45.6%. According to conservative estimation, the demand for sponge zirconium is roughly estimated at 6100-7320 tons; According to optimistic estimation, the demand for sponge zirconium is roughly estimated at 7300-8700 tons.
This category is empty.